Monday, March 21, 2011

State of the Week... Alabama!

We had  a lot of fun learning about Alabama...

We found Alabama on a map...
The kids gave their boarding passes to the flight attendant...


The Flight Attendant stamped their passports...
 We then boarded the plane, we experienced some turbulence but we landed in Alabama safely...

 We learned some fun facts about Alabama...
 We practiced counting while feeding the Alabama State bird some ants...
We practiced writing the word Alabama and then made it out of magnetic letters...

 We talked about cotton and drew some things that are made from cotton...




 Nathan drew a Yellowhammer...

 We colored Yellowhammers...

 We colored Camelia's...

You can download the printables at Musings of me.

We also looked at the Alabama Tourist Website


We did a few other projects that I didn't take pictures of...
The Alabama State Reptile is a turtle so we made turtles out of playdough.
We ate pecans.
I wanted to do crayon rubbings of the Alabama quarter but I couldn't find one. :(
Overall I think my kids really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, feel free to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...