Friday, June 24, 2011

Language Arts... This summer...

We will finish the book "Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons" by Engelmann before the end of summer.


I downloaded a set of free readers "I See Sam Books" from Reading Lessons and I am very happy with them. I printed them and turned them into little books. They are similar to Bob Books but they progress a lot more slowly and do not get as difficult as the Bob Books. I think Rylee will be finished with them in the next couple of weeks or maybe less.

When she is finished with those we will start again on the Bob Books which will be finished by the end of summer.

We also use the Alphabetti readers. These are great for Rylee and Nathan. One of the things I love about these is that they teach the shapes of the letters in a unique way so that your child can read different fonts and not be confused. These are also available free for download at Progressive Phonics. Out of the three reader sets, these are by far the funnest stories. This is due to the fact that they are full size stories. You read all of the black words and your child is only reading the red ones. I do not think we will be finished with these before summer is over because they are still being written.

Nathan has started asking for reading lessons lately. I will be doing the same thing for him as I have with Rylee... whenever he wants a reading lesson I will give him one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, feel free to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...