Sunday, May 29, 2011

Try Swagbucks!

I just claimed another Amazon giftcard from Swagbucks. I thought I would give a little rundown of all the possibilities of earning Swagbucks points. I will also share how I typically redeem my Swagbucks.


The easiest and fastest way to earn Swagbucks points is by referrals. If you click on one of my links and then go and earn some Swagbucks, I will then earn every time you earn. This can add up very fast. So feel free to sign up under me. ;)


There are a lot of other ways to earn Swagbucks if you do not want to refer anyone. The most common is to use the Swagbucks search bar. You can download this into your browser to make it convenient. When doing normal routine searches you will occasionally get awarded Swagbucks. Typically I earn about 16 a day from this. Occasionally you earn large quantities like 50 or 100 or even more. I think the most I have ever one from one search is 100. You can find the toolbar along the top bar of the homepage. If you download the toolbar to your browser you will receive 1 Swagbuck just for opening your browser each day automatically. Occasionally you will get special messages in your toolbar from the swag guy with special swag codes (I will talk about swag codes later).


On there home page there are several ways to earn Swagbucks. On the top there is a drop down menu that says "Earn". I will go over these next...


Coupons: They have the option to print coupons. You earn 10 Swagbucks for every coupon that you redeem in a store. This one has a little turnover time. I use coupons occasionally. I generally browse the coupons before going to the store to see if there are any for the items I am already planning to purchase. I only print them if I am going to use them.


Daily Deals: These typically give you a lot of Swagbucks. These include Groupon deals and other saving sites. If you are going to purchase a Groupon deal you mine as well do it through Swagbucks and earn some extra Swagbucks.


Daily Poll: This is a very easy one. You simply answer a poll question and earn 1 Swagbuck everyday.


Games: I do not use this feature but you can play their little mini games and randomly be given Swagbucks.


Invite and Earn: This is a new one. Everyday you can invite one of your friends from your choice of platforms to join Swagbucks and earn 1 Swagbuck.


NOSO: No Obligation Special Offers: You just click on the circle that says "Start Earning now" and then at the very bottom of each add it will have a button that says "see next offer" or "skip", just click through each add and after 4-5 ads you get 2 Swagbucks. Sometimes you have to watch a very short video at the end. In order to get these you will need to enter the code shown in the box. You can do this once a day.


Search: This is just a search bar if you do not want to download one you can use this one. There is also one the home page.


Special Offers: This is one I rarely use. It doesn't hurt to browse through it every once in a while. There are things like Netflix in here. You can get a lot of Swagbucks here if you were going to sign up for the products anyway. If you sign up for a free trial of Netflix for example you earn 1000 Swagbucks.


Swagbucks TV: These are basically commercials. You watch 10 of them and earn 3 Swagbucks. I do not think there is a limit of how many you can do in a day.


Tasks: These are kind of like Treasure Hunts online. You complete the tasks they give you involving a website and then they give you the listed Swagbucks.


Trade In: They will pay the postage for you to ship them phones, mp3 players, books, games and game consoles. It does have to be something they approve of ahead of time. Once they receive the items they will give you the specified Swagbucks. I have not ever done this.


Trusted Surveys: When you first go into the Surveys you can take a short Swagbucks survey for 10 Swagbucks. They will occasionally have other surveys that you can take. If you qualify you could potentially make a lot of Swagbucks. I rarely qualify for a survey. However if you just click the Trusted Survey link each day you will receive 1 Swagbuck. You also have the option of filling out profile questions for the Surveys. This is a simple way to make a total of 75 Swagbucks.


A very easy way to make extra Swagbucks is finding and entering Swagcodes. Typically they release one code a day. Sometimes they do a special day where they will release 5-6 codes in one day. The codes do not last very long. You can find them on Swagbucks Twitter page, Swagbucks Facebook page, Swagbucks Blog, on Swagbucks Home page and in the chat bar on Swagbucks homepage. I do not have time to search all these places for Swagbucks codes, so I just follow SwagCode Spoiler on twitter. I have it set up so that my phone sends me a message whenever they make a post. Then I just go to my computer and enter the code. They only post when there is a code so I do not get a ton of messages from them.


One last way to earn Swagbucks is to watch the 30 second commercials that are on Swagbucks Home page. They only have them sometimes. Watch it over and over until it tells you that you cannot watch it anymore. It doesn't tell you that you are earning Swagbucks but you are.


Okay now that we talked about all the ways to earn Swagbucks, let's talk about the way that I redeem them.
There are a lot of different ways to redeem them. You can click on the drop down menu called "Redeem" to browse through all of them. I always redeem mine for gift cards. Amazon gift cards to be exact. A $5.00 Amazon gift card is 450 Swagbucks. You can add these to your Amazon account and save them up to use on one big item. It usually takes about a week for it to be available from the time you put in your request. You can only redeem two of same giftcard in a day and I think 5 of the same giftcard in a month. ??  If I need more then this I save up for the $50.00 giftcard which is 5900 Swagbucks. I do not ever get the $25.00 giftcard which is 3150 Swagbucks. The best deal  of the three is the $5.00 gift card. The second best is the $50.00 Amazon gift card. The $25.00 Amazon gift card is the worst deal of the three.


The math:
10 $5.00 Amazon gift cards= 4500 Swagbucks
2 $25.00 Amazon gift cards= 6300 Swagbucks
1 $50.00 Amazon gift cards= 5900 Swagbucks
All three equal $50.00 Amazon giftcards but the $25.00 one is clearly the worst of the three.
The only time I would get the $50.00 giftcard is if you have to many Swagbucks to order only $5.00 giftcards. Clear as mud???


You should definitely look around, you may find something you like much better. There are $5.00 giftcard for about 140 Swagbucks. I just prefer the Amazon giftcards.


I hope this helps clear up some things for some of you. It really is easy money. I have been using Swagbucks for at least a year.


Have you tried Swagbucks? What do you typically redeem yours for? Did I miss any ways to earn Swagbucks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, feel free to leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...